Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I like Argentinian wine

Jo at a nice winery called Nanni. We got the best bottle here.

I used to be a wine snob...only good Aussie stuff for me. Not that I am much of a wine judge!



I have been converted to Argentinian wine, they make a Malbec which is there signature wine, and it is really nice, and so so cheap. It is possible to get a good bottle for about $8 Aud. Lucky as red goes well with all the steak we are eating.



So we have done the rounds of a couple of wineries, they charge for tasting and a tour in most places, but I have found it interesting to learn about wine making, as the Australian wineries I have been to don't do tours. We went touring in 2 places, Cafayate and Mendoza. Though we didn't get to see much in Mendoza as it was NYE and most of the places were closed. The olive place was open though and they had some great oil, I even bought some to take home.

No comments: